- Original author(s): Evan Spiegel; Bobby Murphy; Reggie Brown
- Initial release date: September 2011
- Developed by: Snap Inc.
- Available in: 22 languages
- Operating system: Android, iOS
- Size: 65.3 MB (Android); 243.9 MB (iOS)
How to change Snapchat username ?
Before proceeding to change username of Snapchat account, one thing is you cannot change Snapchat username by anyway. However there are some tricks alternatively to change Snapchat username.
How to change display name in Snapchat ?
- When you swipe down, you will find your profile page and there on the top rightmost corner, you will find an icon resembling the settings icon of your phone, just click on it.
- Under my account-> select name and here you can change your name and after save it.
- That’s it you are done with alternative to change Snapchat username.
How to Change Snapchat Password:
- Open and Login to your Snapchat application from your Mobile device then click on Profile icon as shown below.
- Now Click on ⚙ gear icon to open settings on your Snapchat application.
- Scroll down and Click on “Password”. After you click, you will be asked to enter current password as part of security reasons.
- Once you enter your current password and after Snapchat validates it, you will be redirected to new page, where you can change your password.
- Enter New Password twice in the provided text boxes and then Click on Save.
- That’s it. You have successfully changed your Snapchat password. An Email also will be sent to your registered Email-id for security reasons. If you still think that your Snapchat account may be still tricky, then better download your Snapchat data and validate it.
How to Download your Snapchat Account Data ?
Also Check how to Download Garageband for PC
Once you sign in to Snapchat Account, it collects all your account data including things that you search and browse on Snapchat. So, if you want to check what all data Snapchat has about you then follow the below steps to download your Snapchat data.
- Open the link and login using your Snapchat credentials.
- Now Click “My Data”.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Click on “Submit Request”.
- Once your account data is ready they will send the link to your registered Email id.
- Open the link to download your account data.
That’s it, validate your account data and change your account settings as your wish.
Also check below FAQs, if you have any concerns regarding Snapchat Username and Display Name.
FAQs Regarding Changing Snapchat Username/Display name:
Can we change Snapchat Username ?
Yes, but you can only do it by deleting your existing Snapchat account and then creating a new Snapchat account with your desired username. Please check the availability of username before proceeding to change your Snapchat username.
Is Display name and Username same ?
No, both are completely different. Username is the identifier of user’s account and will be used for various situations such as URL for user account, to log in to your account. On the other hand, display name is Snapchat uses to display your account to other users on Snapchat. You can change your display name any time without deleting your existing account.
Can we Change Snapchat Display name ?
Yes, you can change your Snapchat Display name to any name you desire. As, display is just used to show your account to other users. So you can directly change your snapchat username with using your current Snapchat account itself.
What are Trophies in Snapchat and How to earn them ?
Trophies are the special achievements you get while you make more fun within Snapchat. You can achieve more trophies by using filters, sharing creative snaps and various other things.
What type of data can we download in Snapchat?
Data you download will contain Username, Display name and browsing history of your account such as your likes, shares, videos…