Windows 7 is an extensively used operating system among the people in the world. Despite the launch of latest versions of Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 into the market. Some of the people are completely bound to the user interface of Windows 7 only. Some of them prefer that Windows 7 is the best platform that lets you navigate through the interface with much ease. Most of the people choose the English language as their default language on Windows 7. Do you know that there is a possibility of changing the display language in Windows 7? If you are not fully aware of this process, we are here you help you in the best way. In my previous post I have explained about how to enable night light in Windows, today let’s see how to Change Display language in Windows 7.
Whenever you purchase a computer or Laptop in a country wherein English is the native language then, there are numerous possibilities that the device runs in English by default. The complete version of the Windows 7 PC will run in the English language. If in case, you speak native language but not English then, this tutorial is for you folks. The users who are looking forward to changing the display language on Windows device, we are here to help you in the best way. In this post, we have provided a detailed and in-depth guide for changing the display language on Windows 7. Check it out!
Must Read How to Fix Windows 10 Slow Performance
- 1 How to Change the Display language in Windows 7 PC?
Let’s see a brief about Windows 7 Display Language:
Microsoft, the giant software company supports more than 30 languages on the latest operating system. The process of altering the language in Windows 7 will differ based on the edition you have been using. The procedure differs between the Windows 7 Enterprise and Windows 7 Ultimate editions. If you make use of Windows 7 Home or Basic edition then, you need to install Language Interface Packs on your device.
This pack renders you the ability to translate the frequently used elements into your preferred language. The user is also able to choose the keyboard input language that lets you provide inputs in your desired language. Here is a step-by-step procedure that assists the users to change the display language in Windows 7 PC: In this guide, we have made use of Windows 7 Ultimate edition. However, the same steps will be repeated for the remaining editions of Windows.
You may also interested in XenDesktop for Windows.
How to Change the Display language in Windows 7 PC?
Here are the simple steps that help the users to change the language in Windows 7 operating system:
Step 1: Choose the Option
- First of all, you need to click on the Start button or simply hit the Windows Logo key.
- On the Start menu, you need to type in as ‘change display language’ in the search field of your Windows device.
- In just a few seconds, you can see numerous options appearing on the screen as part of the search results.
- From the list, you must select the option that says ‘Change Display language’.
Step 2: Region & Language Settings
- Once you click on that option, you will land on a new window of Region and Language.
- Ensure that the tab of Keyboards and Languages is active.
- You can then hit the button that says ‘Install/Uninstall Languages’.
- For selecting your preferred language than the default language installed on your OS, you need to download it from Microsoft officially.
- You can install the complete language pack based on your preference.
Step 3: Use Windows Update to Install Additional Language Packs
- If you are seeking to make use of additional or preferred language on your device, you need to install Additional Language Packs.
- Under the Install or Uninstall display languages window, you must click on the option that says ‘Install display languages’.
- You need to prefer the location of the Language Packs.
- If required, there is a possibility of receiving Windows updates regarding the latest language packs available for all the users from Microsoft.
Choose Language Pack
- You can then select your preferred language from the list of languages on the screen.
- After selecting the language packs, you can tap on OK button.
Step 4: Download & Install Language Packs
- Soon after choosing the language packs, the next step is to download them.
- Download the desired language pack and then click on the Install button.
- After the completion of the installation of language packs, you can start using them with much ease.
Step 5: Choose the Preferred Display Language
- Once you install the language, you need to return back to the Region and Language Dialog Box.
- Choose the language that you have installed from the drop-down menu of ‘Choose a display language’.
- Click Ok button after choosing the language.
- For making the selected language active on your Windows device, you must log off your device.
- Later, log into the device once again and the selected display language will be active from then.
That’s all! This is the complete guide for you to change the display language on your Windows 7 device. Hope this tutorial helps you in the best way to use your Windows PC in your preferred language. From now, you can operate the PC in your selected native language. Please feel free to comment below in case of any concern 🙂