192.168.0.1 is a private IP address which is usually referred to as a host address in the field of computer science. Most of the people confuse with 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.o.1 IP address to login the IPv4 network. It’s not 192.168.o.1, its http://192.168.0.1. Some of the popularly branded routers like D-Link, Netgear and more wireless routers and ADSL modems use this default IP address. One can easily access the management console of the aforementioned router by navigating to this IP address from your device’s browser.
Some of the home-based broadband routers also use this 192.168.0.1 IP address. At the time of setting up the default gateway, we can use the 192.168.0.1 IP address on the home-based router. Know the process to setup 192.168.0.1 wireless router using the default username and password. Here is everything you need to know about 192.168.0.1 IP address, the login process and much more.
192.168.0.1 Login – 192.168.o.1 Admin Login Password for New Router!!
192.168.0.1 is the IP address which is utilized by different modem makers. Some of them include wired as well as wireless modems. Most of them might not be aware of the login process to 192.168.0.1 IP Address. In some cases, people might wrongly type the IP address as 192.168.o.1 in their browser’s address bar. Then, you will get an error as you have wrongly typed the IP address. People might confuse between 0.1 and o.1. So, you need to be careful while entering the correct IP address in the address bar.
Follow the simple steps provided below that helps the users to log in to 192.168.0.1 IP address of your router:
- First of all, connect your PC to your newly purchased router through a wired or wireless connection.
- You can then access your frequently used browser on your PC.
- Enter the address as http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser.
- Hit the Enter button.
- You can then view the login page to make settings to your router.
- On that page, you need to enter the default username and password.
- If you don’t know the exact password and username, just enter ‘admin’ in both the fields.
- It is the default username and password for most of the routers assigned by the manufacturers.
How to Setup 192.168.0.1 Wireless Router Login Password ?
Follow the simple steps given below to set up your wireless router using the username and password:
- As usual, connect your computer to the router through a LAN wire or wireless modem.
- Go to your device’s browser and enter 192.168.0.1 IP address in the address bar.
- Immediately, you will land on a login page wherein you must enter the default username and password in the required fields.
- After entering the default login credentials as admin in both empty fields, you can restart your router.
- Later, you can set the SSID name which means your Wi-Fi name based on your choice.
- This name is given for your router and it appears to others in the list of available networks.
- You can then set a new password to your router by navigating to the Network Security Settings.
- Just tap ‘Next’ button and you can then reboot your router again to apply all the settings.
- You can then explore the wireless network’s SSID name from your mobile device or laptop.
- Enter the password and your device will automatically connect to the router’s internet network.
Also Read: How to Choose Best Wi-Fi Channel
Unable to Login to your Router – Here’s the Fix:
Even after entering the precise IP address in the browser, there might be some problems with your router or PC. Some of the reasons include the following:
- 192.168.0.1 might not the IP address of your router. The precise IP address could be 192.168.1.1.
- Another common problem is that your router might not be connected to the PC precisely. So, check your router and PC connections once again.
- If the firewall filtering is enabled on your router then, you may not be able to login to the router.
For fixing the above issues, you can reset your router just by pressing the reset button for about 15 to 20 seconds. Some issues related to the router will rectify by resetting the router.